Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Ebola in NYC
1  2  3  4  Next

supty

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:04 pm
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014.....rrer=

I'm scared 😳

sneakermom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:12 pm
Me too.

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:26 pm
How many times can the president/CDC/whoever is in charge of this mess mess up before people seriously freak out? Not okay that a doctor that just came back from West Africa was allowed to just behave like a regular guy, taking the subway, going bowling, endangering others. Makes me about as mad as what Nina Pham and Amber Vinson, the nurses who treated Duncan, were given to wear while treating him. So unacceptable.

OhWow!

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:28 pm
nerve! can't believe it! very scared! Surprised Mad

pause

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:29 pm
What gold said.

I don't get this! Why isn't a 21-day quarantine made MANDATORY for anyone returning from that side of the world?

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:33 pm
pause wrote:
What gold said.

I don't get this! Why isn't a 21-day quarantine made MANDATORY for anyone returning from that side of the world?

Precisely.
How is it that we realize the importance of a 21 day quarantine, but people at the top don't??
It's like with those nurses outfits, anyone with an IQ over 0 knows that necks shouldn't be exposed around highly infectious patients, but the people at the top apparently didn't know that.
Are they even trying ??

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:40 pm
Very scary!

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:41 pm
gold21 wrote:

...How is it that we realize the importance of a 21 day quarantine, but people at the top don't??
It's like with those nurses outfits, anyone with an IQ over 0 knows that necks shouldn't be exposed around highly infectious patients, but the people at the top apparently didn't know that.
Are they even trying ??

Common sense isn't so common. Just one more example to give us faith in our government... shock

Clarissa

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:48 pm
Forgetting blaming Obama for a second. Why on earth did a DOCTOR come back from there and feel lousy, running a fever for days before doing to the hospital? A doctor! I don’t get it.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:50 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Forgetting blaming Obama for a second. Why on earth did a DOCTOR come back from there and feel lousy, running a fever for days before doing to the hospital? A doctor! I don’t get it.

he must be an obama voter. shock Rolling Eyes

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:52 pm
Unless you came into direct contact with that doctor's bodily fluids, please do not be scared. Please protect yourself from the flu though: flu season is starting soon and it's highly contagious.

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:57 pm
He could have coughed on the train, sweated in his bowling shoes... yes those are bodily fluids. he put people in danger.

I am not a republican nor a democrat, I hate politics, I call each individual issue as I see it. And in this case, im not impressed with the White House.

supty

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:00 pm
Clarissa wrote:

And not just not going to the hospital- running around the city using public transportation to go bowling. What an idiot.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:01 pm
Clarissa wrote:

As far as Dr. Spencer, I don't get it either. Just like I don't get that newsdoctor running out from quarantine to pick up some take-out, or the CDC giving nurse Amber Vinson permission to fly.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:17 pm
gold21 wrote:
He could have coughed on the train, sweated in his bowling shoes... yes those are bodily fluids. he put people in danger.

I am not a republican nor a democrat, I hate politics, I call each individual issue as I see it. And in this case, im not impressed with the White House.

except he didn't take the train, he took an "uber" car. and ebola patients do not cough, and only when they're extremely ill is there any viral load in their sweat.

I'm not saying he should have gone out if he felt tired, but you might want to read this primer in regard to ebola contagion: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/.....nsit/

(and any president who goes publicly ballistic about this is a moron. the president and the CDC have two jobs here: stop the spread of ebola, do their best to avoid mass hysteria. I'm not sure those two jobs can be done at the same time.)

sequoia

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:18 pm
He did take the subway there!! He took a cab home.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:24 pm
sequoia wrote:
He did take the subway there!! He took a cab home.

I stand corrected. I took that exact subway today, I'm not worried.

supty

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:31 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
except he didn't take the train, he took an "uber" car. and ebola patients do not cough, and only when they're extremely ill is there any viral load in their sweat.

I'm not saying he should have gone out if he felt tired, but you might want to read this primer in regard to ebola contagion: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/.....nsit/

(and any president who goes publicly ballistic about this is a moron. the president and the CDC have two jobs here: stop the spread of ebola, do their best to avoid mass hysteria. I'm not sure those two jobs can be done at the same time.)

No one's saying he should go ballistic, we're just talking about basic common sense- preventive measures that could easily be taken. It doesn't take a genius to know that if a person was recently treating Ebola patients in Africa, he shouldn't be allowed to be out and about in one of the most populated cities in the country. I don't expect anything more from our government at this point though.

pause

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:32 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I stand corrected. I took that exact subway today, I'm not worried.

That is not the point.

The point is that when you are exposing yourself to foreign diseases in order to assist in healthcare of people "there", it is basic normalcy, mentchlichkeit, common sense, etc. to take basic precautions for the sake of the healthcare of people "here"

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:33 pm
supty wrote:
No one's saying he should go ballistic, we're just talking about basic common sense- preventive measures that could easily be taken. It doesn't take a genius to know that if a person was recently treating Ebola patients in Africa, he shouldn't be allowed to be out and about in one of the most populated cities in the country. I don't expect anything more from our government at this point though.

and the moment I see this I cannot take a word you say seriously.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics