Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
MOLLUSCUM- HELP NEEDED!!

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 6:01 pm
my three your old has moluscum and although we are treating it- its not going away- just getting worse!! Anyone have any remedies that work? would VERY much appreciate it !!!

flmommy

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 6:45 pm
There was a post on this yesterday. I highly recommend going to the deem and getting beetle juice. We tired forever to get rid of it with verigen cream but it didn't work.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 6:59 pm
AFAIK, all it needs is time. There's no treatment for it and you have to wait it out....

flmommy

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:02 pm
We dealt with if for 3 years. It is self limiting but every new bumb can take that long to go away and it spreads.

ChaniH

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:19 pm
Here they burn them off but someone once told me apple cider vinegar works too. Just run it on

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:20 pm
How many does he have? I have a friend who takes her children to the dermatologist and basically demands that he removes it. He shaves it off and BH that stops it from spreading and eliminates the problem. (That has been her experience with her children)

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:24 pm
She has had it for several months and yes it is spreading and getting all over. We are going to a demertologist but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The Dermotologist has given her injections, burned it off, and we are putting on this stuff with qtips, but not working!! Any homeopathic remedies?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:26 pm
ChaniH wrote:
Here they burn them off but someone once told me apple cider vinegar works too. Just run it on
This.

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:30 pm
will that burn the open and scarred ones?

flmommy

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:40 pm
We tried apple cider vinegar unsuccessfully. It was ok at first then it started to burn and my daughter wouldn't let me use it. The cram does not work. Was the burning stuff beetle juice? I swear by it.

TwinMama

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:29 pm
We tried apple cider vinegar, clove oil, hydrocortisone cream and nothing worked. What did get rid of them was popping the bump (same way as a pimple) and pulling out the very thick white-head which is what the molluscum actually is.

After you get the molluscum out, it will bleed - which is a good thing. Clean it with hydrogen peroxide, put on a dab of hydrocortisone cream and cover it with a bandaid. Make sure to scrub your hands bc it is contagious.

The trick is to pop it when the bump is still small. Once it gets all red and irritated it's really hard to get the molluscum out and it's very painful for the child. Also a gum ball as a reward really helped.

Hatzlocha rabbah!

PS usually DH would have to hold them down while I popped the bump. Crying

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:16 pm
she has tons of it- impossible to pop all of them. Plus, many are infected already. I don't know what I am using- got it as a prescription. Is beatle juice over the counter?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics