Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatric Eye doctor in NY area- urgent!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:10 pm
Only top doctors please!
I need to know who is absolutely the best eye doctor for my child.
Please recommend in Brooklyn or NYC.

Thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:25 pm
amother wrote:
Only top doctors please!
I need to know who is absolutely the best eye doctor for my child.
Please recommend in Brooklyn or NYC.

Thanks!

I don't live in NY, however, I have a lot of experience with opthamologists.

The "best doctor" is going to depend on what you need a doctor for... NYC's top optometrist can't do anything for you if you are cross-eyed, and vice versa the best doctor for crossed eyes can't write you a prescription if you're far-sighted. If you specify what you need a doctor for you'll get much better advice!

yidishmamma

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:30 pm
I use dr wang in manhattan. Very good dr. Wait can b long sometimes

Ashrei

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:31 pm
212-305-5400 Dr. Steven Kane, NYP
Since you asked for the best.
Hatzlacha!

sleepless

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:35 pm
Dr. Muchnick

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:56 pm
Thanks so much everyone!
My son needs a good checkup- his prescription seems off and we've been to a couple of doctors. He keeps complaining about his eyesight and that his eyes bother him.
Now I want only a top dr.

Sleepless- you mentioned muchnick, I did hear of him. How long are you using him already? How's the office there? How is he with children in general?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 10:34 pm
Dr. Steven Brooks, Department of Ophthalmology of Columbia University
http://www.columbiaeye.org/abo.....umbia

sleepless

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 10:40 pm
I'm going to him for the past 10 years. One of my kids has crossed eyes and the others I take for regular exams. I'm very happy there. The only thing I don't like is that only 1 parent can go in with the child to dr. muchnick and you can't bring anyone else in. So I've had to leave whoever was with me in the waiting room. The staff is very nice. The wait can be a bit long sometimes.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:15 pm
While they are both top ophthalmologists, Dr. Wang specializes in pediatrics, and Dr. Muchnick treats both pediatrics and adults. However, I doubt it makes much of a difference unless you're talking about surgery etc. which you're not in this case. I used them both and would recommend them both.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:19 pm
I have used dr muchnick for years now, for myself. I am really happy there. The staff is very patient with children and really try to work with you.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:23 pm
Dr Wang's office has a couple of other doctor who are very good as well. I've haven't used all though. One now only sees patients for surgery but dr. Panarelli is very good and good with children and you can probably have an appt. as soon as next week 212-684-3980

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 12:22 pm
Bump

I called muchnik, they don't accept Amerigroup and that's what my kids have.

Anyone else with experience with one of the above doctors?
Or any other good doctors?

Anyone heard of a dr stein on ocean parkway?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 12:37 pm
I used to use Dr. Campalotaro (sp?) from Dr. Wang's office. We used to wait around 4 hours at each appointment. Ds had special needs and was not a quiet kid who waited easily and played nicely with their toys, so they kicked us out of the waiting room and made us wait in the hallway where ds kept trying to run into the elevators. The doctor finally saw us and his check up lasted around 30 seconds.

He did do surgery on ds's eye muscles, and it was successful, but I am obviously not recommending him.

We switched to Dr. Marc Lustig, from Dr. Steele's group. We have also seen other Drs. in that group once or twice. They are amazing. I believe all of their doctors are really good. The wait is generally short, the waiting room has computers for the kids to play on and it's a very pleasant atmosphere. Oh, and they don't kick kids out of their waiting room as far as I know. I completely recommend them.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 7:07 pm
Dr. Steven Brooks from Columbia is really great, I recommend him.
Number:(212) 305-9535

naomi2

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:08 pm
dr lustig is great. no long wait times, very professional and very good bedside manner. also convenient because he has an office in borogh park

dhm

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:17 pm
I have been using dr steels group for about 10 years and am very happy there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics