Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Please review Women's DVDS (e.g. Changed - Gininger) et al!
Previous  1  2

Terri

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 10:28 am
I'm enjoying this thread, mainly because I wish there were more reviews on the Jewish DVD's out there. I've had bad luck with the ones I have purchased.

Personally, if I'm buying a Jewish dvd,
I'd like for it to be Jewish in content too.
In other words, I don't appreciate the ones that are based on non Jewish classics with the non Jewish tunes. Song of the Hills was superbly done, but all songs were non Jewish (even if the words are refined, I prefer to listen to only Jewish music as I believe it affects the neshama.)

So any suggestions?
Thanks

Ps every year, on Pesach and Sukkos Chol haMoed, they have such professional Jewish films shown in New York. Since the films don't seem to be shown the next year anyway, I wonder why they don't produce them on DVD and sell them?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 10:47 pm
Quote:
Since the films don't seem to be shown the next year anyway, I wonder why they don't produce them on DVD and sell them?
I wondered about that too. I just saw an interview with Toby Einhorn and it said they are now selling some of her films.

I have ALL the Zir Chemed (Royal Productions). And ALL the Rachel's place.
I have The Heart that Sings. I don't remember about GreyTowers.

So, I would really appreciate any feedback on other items!

Simple1

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 2:38 pm
You can rent some Jewish movies on Mostly Music for $4. I think it's just a small selection for rent, not everything. You may like Tipping the Scales if you're looking for something that's not a musical.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics