Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Batya Ruddell new serial False Fronts in Binah
Previous  1  2  3  Next

stem

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 5:03 pm
I'm sure that Mark is a missionary and his wife is not 100% on board which is why he keeps her under control with drugs and other manipulative methods. Koby will be getting close to Mark and ensnared with the missionaries.

myself

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 6:02 pm
Mark gives me the creeps. It's like I'm afraid to look him in the face. LOL.

Bundy

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:52 am
stem wrote:
I'm sure that Mark is a missionary and his wife is not 100% on board which is why he keeps her under control with drugs and other manipulative methods. Koby will be getting close to Mark and ensnared with the missionaries.

Hmm, everyone's speculations are very interesting. You've got some good ones there! I can get some really good ideas! LOL
Still not telling anything yet though...need to keep ya all on the edge (of something!).
Yep, Mark's a creep. Exploding anger Definitely not one to have at your Shabbos table.

If we authors can dare to have a favorite character then mine is Ella. What can I say? I really like the girl. Smile

Keep those ideas coming Exclamation

ILOVELIFE

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 11:22 am
I finally caught up!!!! I am creeped out by Mark and he's def a missionary. And a terrible husband.

I have a weird feeling that not only his wife is not on board, maybe she's even Jewish....strange

I like Ella but I like her teacher even more!

rise above

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 11:51 am
stem wrote:

I thought exactly this.
To me is seemed so obvious to me that he is controlling his wife with drugs, and based on the first chapter with them with the books (and with their name changes per community) I thought it was clear it was missionary activity.
I guess you see what you think you are seeing?

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:14 pm
rise above wrote:
I thought exactly this.
To me is seemed so obvious to me that he is controlling his wife with drugs, and based on the first chapter with them with the books (and with their name changes per community) I thought it was clear it was missionary activity.
I guess you see what you think you are seeing?

See now, to me, it seemed too obvious...

Terri

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:32 pm
The missionary aspect seems clear.
I think koby's dad is going to fall under Mark's influence

penguin

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 1:37 pm
Quote:
I think koby's dad is going to fall under Mark's influence
No way! Maybe Koby. And/or Ella.

The problem with serials is it's so hard to remember all the way back. I find when I read them as books I notice things I don't even remember from the serial (of course, possible I missed an issue).

So please remind me what happened in the first chapter!

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 7:54 pm
I like Ella too; I'd really like to see more of her.
Koby's dad, on the other hand, really winds me up. Before Koby yelled at him 'I hate you!' I felt like slapping him; hard!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 8:44 pm
I wanna know what's wrong with Ella's mom.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:35 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I wanna know what's wrong with Ella's mom.

Seems like depression to me, or something related.

Zehava

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:39 pm
I like Ella too. I can relate to her.

MyTimeNow

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 2:57 pm
Ella's fun. I hope she gets to keep her attitude and smart mouth to some extent. I don't want her " perfect-ified," ya know?

rise above

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 1:51 pm
runningmom wrote:
Ella's fun. I hope she gets to keep her attitude and smart mouth to some extent. I don't want her " perfect-ified," ya know?

I'm such a softy- I also don't want her trampled on by this Dini. Obviously Dini had some ominous intentions with Ella writing the editorial....

muzik

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:23 pm
Debbie is confusing. She started out as a spacey, drugged up nebbey type who was hung up over her name being Devorah and really depressed sounding. I felt bad for her and hated her husband for enjoying her powerlessness - as if it made him feel more powerful and manly...and he sneaked stuff into her tea. But lately Debbie seems all capable as she helps out in the daycare. What's up with that? Is she really who she is? SO y'all think she and her husband are missionaries, out to convert the charges?

I really do not like Asher at all. Even though he is starting to realize that he needs to change his approach with his son, it's too little too late. And I don't trust him. As if reading a book will change him. He needs therapy, and he's not really in touch with how messed up he is.

In general, I don't like the male characters in the story. Even Koby - I feel sorry for him, --- he's a sweet kid and artistic and creative, but I don't get a feel of him being open enough with his mom - who is kind to him....

All in all, there's a lot to think about with this story!

rise above

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 8:52 am
So....
the 2 halves of the story are finally meeting together. I wonder how this will play itself out?
Kobi's mom befriending Ella and eventually leading her to Mark?? That would be far fetched.

It was hard for me to read the Ella side of the story this week. I got so angry at the principal and just wanted to give Ella a hug and tell her she's all right Sad

Dev80

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 2:10 pm
I really do like this serial, wish it was a book so Icould just read it.

One thing that's been on my mind is in the beginning/middle Kobi's mother (cant remmeber her name, talya) said she knew why Mark looked familiar.... and then the next week it didn't address it it just was like she tried to avoid him, I thought that was weird if he gives her the creeps and she knows him from somewhere, so they should be avoiding him. I'm curious if I'm remembering this correctly

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 4:15 pm
Quote:
One thing that's been on my mind is in the beginning/middle Kobi's mother (cant remmeber her name, talya) said she knew why Mark looked familiar....
Yes, yes. And Debbie got very nervous when she heard where Talya was from. Or something like that.

More and more, I think "I will not read these serials. I will wait for the book. I have enough important things to store in my brain. I don't need to try to remember these serials."

Unfortunately, I usually don't follow through. But I do end up buying the books later, and enjoying them so much more.

(and when are those other two threads going t merge? what's their names, Nechama and her mother's almost engagement, and Tammi and her shopping addictions...)

sunny90

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 5:20 pm
[quote="penguin"]
Quote:

(and when are those other two threads going t merge? what's their names, Nechama and her mother's almost engagement, and Tammi and her shopping addictions...)

The only thing that I see they have in common is that they shop at the same grocery store. LOL

penguin

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 10:41 pm
Quote:
The only thing that I see they have in common is that they shop at the same grocery store.
See, I missed that. I'm telling you, I can't retain for weeks. Whereas, in a book, I would have been all over that (I'm a great mystery reader and guesser, so I would usually expect to pick up on details like that ...)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room