Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
City Versa....should I buy it? Help!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 12:32 pm
So here's the story:

I have a city mini, find it great- very practical, lightweight etc. I'm now expecting my 3rd b'h and my city mini's really seen better days. The fabric is tearing, the handlebar material is half off- it was VERY heavily used for my 2 kids as we never had a car and live in israel.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of forward-facing seat- that's what I disliked most about the city mini. You wouldn't need a bassinet (just put in a newborn insert) and it looks so cosy...I really, really like it.
Thing is, we now have a car. And no baby car seat. So we're going to have to buy a carseat, which in itself is a big expense. I need a car seat that can go on wheels (like a snap n go) as I'll be constantly taking baby in and out when I take kids to gan etc. I quite liked the idea of the 'doona' - a car seat with wheels- but if I'm investing, I'd rather invest in a great, long lasting stroller that kids can benefit from for a longer time.

I don't know if we can afford a new stroller plus a car seat...is the versa worth it? Maybe if I washed my city mini I could sell it (I have the bassinet too) and that way make a bit of money...

Any advice?!

Liebs

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:53 pm
I have versa-so far loving facing baby. 1 hand fold but 2 steps. I think it's 5-6 lbs heavier than citi mini so hard to lift while holding baby unless you are stronger. I got mine for really cheap. Keep checking pishposh baby and amazon. Amazon I think will price match so keep trying to google itt in any store. S/t kohls or bed bath and beyond have strollers and they usually have coupons.
In terms of car seat-go on janglo. pple are selling them all the time. It's s/t used for 6 months and many people are happyto lend it out. There may be gemach too. I always lent mine out (but never got it back now and 4got who I gave to so sorry can't lend you one.) if you'd like to pm me more info I can try to locate one for you. Also it may be that you can sit a carseat on citi mini wheels? Google that too!
B'shah tova!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:57 pm
It's being discontinued, so prices have dropped and you can find sales if you look.

smss

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:59 pm
if you need to save money somewhere, please save it on your stroller and not on your car seat. I would not buy a secondhand car seat from a stranger. if it has been in a crash, it's not safe to use anymore, so I would only buy one from someone who I would trust to tell the truth.

if I were you I think I'd buy the britax b-agile travel system- the car seat snaps right into the stroller & the stroller's very similar to the city mini. you could technically get a bassinet (probably still cheaper than the versa, but I'm not sure) to have the baby facing you, or depending on how often you go out you could use the car seat (not good to do it too often).

Liebs

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 2:03 pm
That doesn't sound too good Wink I guess not too popular. I don't see it lasting as long as the uppababy or even maclaren, but prob same quality as citi mini.
MaBelleVie wrote:
It's being discontinued, so prices have dropped and you can find sales if you look.

I don't think worth 450 but I got it for $180.
http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jog.....R5YO0
try getting a 20% coupon

MaBelleVie

BTW an infant car seat does not have to cost a fortune. If you're in the US you can get a great seat for around $75 that will work with an adaptor for any stroller. If you want to save money you can skip the infant seat completely and just use a convertible seat that fits newborns. Travel systems aren't that important unless you're in and out of the car a lot.

amother

I have the city versa and I don't love it. It's for my first so I don't have much to compare it to but it's bulkier than I expected. Also, it's hard for me to get the car seat on I don't know why (my husband also has a hard time doing it but others seem to get it the first try every time). Do other strollers not have the option for car seat facing you? All the combo stroller/car seats I've seen have it (Graco has a lot of stroller/car seat combos that are $300 and under). Initially I didn't want to get a car seat that you place IN the stroller because it looked too bulky but now I kind of feel like mine is too flimsy and what if the car seat falls off (when it's on top of another seat you don't have that concern). I also got last years version for $220 on Amazon and made a baby registry and signed up for Amazon Mom which gave me a one time 15% discount so the stroller that used to be $400 was under $200 for me. If that's the price you were planning on paying there's the extra cash for the car seat!

Now that I know a bit more about strollers I wish I had gone for the city select because that can apparently turn into a double stroller. If I'm wrong about the two way seat and I wouldn't be able to face my baby with another base then I guess I don't regret it but I wish I could have one that could turn into a double so I don't have this whole expense again next time.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 2:04 pm
It's actually a great stroller and well liked, not sure why they're discontinuing it...

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 2:08 pm
amother wrote:
I have the city versa and I don't love it. It's for my first so I don't have much to compare it to but it's bulkier than I expected. Also, it's hard for me to get the car seat on I don't know why (my husband also has a hard time doing it but others seem to get it the first try every time). Do other strollers not have the option for car seat facing you? All the combo stroller/car seats I've seen have it (Graco has a lot of stroller/car seat combos that are $300 and under). Initially I didn't want to get a car seat that you place IN the stroller because it looked too bulky but now I kind of feel like mine is too flimsy and what if the car seat falls off (when it's on top of another seat you don't have that concern). I also got last years version for $220 on Amazon and made a baby registry and signed up for Amazon Mom which gave me a one time 15% discount so the stroller that used to be $400 was under $200 for me. If that's the price you were planning on paying there's the extra cash for the car seat!

Now that I know a bit more about strollers I wish I had gone for the city select because that can apparently turn into a double stroller. If I'm wrong about the two way seat and I wouldn't be able to face my baby with another base then I guess I don't regret it but I wish I could have one that could turn into a double so I don't have this whole expense again next time.

The uppababy rumble seat fits on the versa so you can turn it into a double. The city select is even more bulky than the versa. Are you using the car seat with an adaptor?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics