Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What to do with leftover tofutti sour cream

EMmom

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 7:14 am
my kids love eating the tacos with pareve sour cream but now I have almost an entire container and I heard using it in baking is not great. Any ideas of what I can do with it? Preferably not too time consuming. TIA

tryinghard

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:17 am
There is a great cucumber salad recipe in kosher by design: short on time. The dressing is basically tofutti (or real) sour cream, lemon juice, and dill. If you are interested I will type up the recipe

Heyaaa

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:56 am
You can bake with it. I made a quiche with it and it tastes dairy. Or you can use it how pp described as a sauce for salmon.

bnm

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 9:26 am
I bake with it all the time. Overtimecook.com had a bunch of yummy cookie recipes she uses it in. I have also used it in the cheescake trifle posted somewhere here..... sooooo good and no one believed me it was parve.

agreer

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 12:37 pm
bnm wrote:
I bake with it all the time. Overtimecook.com had a bunch of yummy cookie recipes she uses it in. I have also used it in the cheescake trifle posted somewhere here..... sooooo good and no one believed me it was parve.

Pleeeeease find this recipe and post it!

shaini

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 9:34 am
I've successfully used it as a pareve substitute in cakes that call for sour cream. I don't use it where you have to fill something with sour cream as I don't find the flavour quite correct.

ally

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 1:32 pm
I've used it in beef stroganoff

Mommastuff

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 9:49 pm
pareve cheesecake
cold cucumber soup
add some to egg salad or in deviled eggs

you can substitute it for a pareve cream in a recipe, like in a quiche

allrgymama

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 10:28 pm
Oooh -- I use it in cake donuts and it's amazing. They taste like Entemanns'. Really.

But that assumes you have donut pans and want donuts in August/September...

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 12:02 am
pareve cheese cake
pareve penne ala vodka

I've used it successfully for both.

jemappelle

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 12:32 am
my favorite parve mashed potatoes recipe - cook potatoes and mash/puree with tofutti sour cream, margarine, some of the water the potatoes cooked in & salt. VERY CREAMY!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 5:23 am
Use it in any cream soup recipe when you want it to be parve. It blends perfectly and absorbs the seasonings.

Toss in some parve ranch dressing powder (Lipton's) and make a quick dip. It tastes best if you let it sit overnight. Then make a veggie platter for the kids to nosh on. It will go fast! Even kids who hate veggies usually will happily eat them if there's a tasty dip to go with it.

Add some mayo to the dip to make it creamier.

I just made an awesome coleslaw salad with parve sour cream, mayo, and Lipton's veggie dip mix. I added it to finely shredded cabbage, left it overnight, and it was so yummy! I think I like it better than the traditional coleslaw that has so much sugar in it.

EMmom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 9:22 am
these are great ideas thanks so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics