Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How do you drizzle melted chocolate on cookies?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:14 pm
I don't have any special equipment. I can melt chocolate chips in the micro but how to I get it onto the cookies neatly?

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:32 pm
Fill a ziploc bag and cut corner off. Use this to drizzle.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:45 pm
but isnt it unsafe/unhealthy to put hot liquid into a plastic bag?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:46 pm
amother wrote:
but isnt it unsafe/unhealthy to put hot liquid into a plastic bag?
Is a microwave any better?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:50 pm
I dont understand. I can melt it in a pyrex container in the micro. Are you saying if I am using a micro then I may as well pour it into a plastic bag?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:51 pm
And if its boiling hot wont the chocolate melt the plastic? And wont the bag be too hot to hold/ squeeze?

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:53 pm
I would just let it cool enough so it's not going to melt the plastic bag but still soft enough to drizzle. I'm comfortable putting something warm in plastic as long as it won't melt, but I understand if you're not.

mommyofd1

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:54 pm
only heat it up till its just melting then stir it, it shouldn't be boiling. then do as previous poster said and put it in a ziploc

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
I dont understand. I can melt it in a pyrex container in the micro. Are you saying if I am using a micro then I may as well pour it into a plastic bag?
No. I was just wondering if you're only worried about hot plastic and not the radiation from the microwave.

But in any case the above posters are correct, you melt in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then 30 seconds again usually. The temp of melted chocolate is warm. Hot chocolate usually means burnt.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:06 pm
thank you everyone. Can you tell I have zero experience in this department?

So how does it work? I melt chocolate in the pyrex for 30 seconds, stir, repeat till its all melted and then pour it into a plastic bag while its warm but not hot? Or do I put chocolate chips into a bag, tie a knot and put the bag into the micro?

mommyofd1

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:13 pm
melt chocolate in the pyrex for 30 seconds, stir, repeat till its all melted and then pour it into a plastic bag while its warm but not hot. Do NOT put the plastic bag in the microwave

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:19 pm
amother wrote:
thank you everyone. Can you tell I have zero experience in this department?

So how does it work? I melt chocolate in the pyrex for 30 seconds, stir, repeat till its all melted and then pour it into a plastic bag while its warm but not hot? Or do I put chocolate chips into a bag, tie a knot and put the bag into the micro?
This. Spoon the smooth melted chocolate into one corner of the bag. Knot. Cut off just the teeny tiny corner. Squeeze gently and drizzle to garnish. If you want thicker drizzles you can always cut off just a tiny bit more.

Fave

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 10:40 pm
Easiest method is to put chocolate chips into a plastic bag and seal tightly. Pour boiling water into Pyrex bowl and place bag inside. Chocolate should melt in a couple of minutes. Snip off a corner of the bag (small hole) and drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Yum!

masalapeanuts

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 11:15 pm
In the bakery I used to be the sweets baker at, we melted the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave and drizzled with a spoon, spreader, or any utensil on hand. You can do it right out of the microwave. Worked well enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen