Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Why I hate frugal living
Previous  1  2  3

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 7:48 pm
DCgirl wrote:
I'll be very honest with you, I absolutely love The Tightwad Gazette, but I see tw major problems with it a) it's at least 20 years out of date and b) I really don't see a lot of the strategies working for a frum home. I do find it to be an inspirational launch pad in the sense that it's an interesting look at the 90's.

There are so many new, modern methods of tightwaddery yet to be explored that won't make you feel deprived.

I have a feeling that if Amy Daczyn were frum, she would attempt to make her own wig out of weaves bought at the beauty supply.

Nah, there are ready wigs that are cheaper than a few packs of weaves.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 8:53 pm
DCgirl wrote:

I have a feeling that if Amy Daczyn were frum, she would attempt to make her own wig out of weaves bought at the beauty supply.

Maybe not--but she would surely make Purim wigs out of the plant fiber "hair" that esrogim used to be wrapped in. I mourn the transition to foam wrapping, which is not only soulless and bad for the environment, but no darn fun.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics