Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
I have a confession to make....

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 2:06 pm
I am a technological idiot.
So please help me.
I really really need to work out something for buying/playing music(Jewish to be exact).

This is what I have...
*First thing is that I don't have a lot of money to put into this as budget is tight and this is discretionary.
*I have a cd player/ cassette player that I want to keep because we have so many cassettes that I still want to listen to.
*My car has a tape deck and I can't spend $200 to replace it. I have one of those adapters that plugs into my phone and is shaped like a cassette so I can play songs that are on the phone over the cars speaker system.
*The places I need music are upstairs in the living areas (but would rather not tie up my cell by using it for music), my basement where I have a gan in my house, and my car.
*I have a new laptop and a smartphone.
*It was suggested to me that I buy a used I pod of some sort

So what do savvy imamothers have to say?
How can I (cheaply) make this work? What kind of ipod Would I need for this(I don't care how old it is and what it does- just that I can put jewish music onto it) ? Anybody do this stuff with Jewish music(which is a bit harder to come by as downloads)?

kb

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 2:44 pm
Instead of buying an ipod, why don't you just buy a regular mp3 player? You can get a good one for $40.

Could be gal paz would upload songs for yolu (ime, mp3 format in Israel is cheaper, but more expensive from the branch in Boro park)

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 2:58 pm
Non ipod mp3 player is cheaper and easier to load than an ipod, in my experience. Then you can plug into your car, to cheap speakers for inside the home and just move from room to room. Alternatively, for the home, just load all the music onto your laptop (will need to do this to load up the music player anyway), and attach speakers, then use it like a stereo system.

pickle321

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 2:59 pm
Download iTunes on your computer and put your music on iTunes and just play from your computer speaker. You can also use windows player etc and you can buy some Jewish music on iTunes as well or buy the CDs u want and then put it on your computer

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 3:21 pm
So an mp3 player is the same as an I pod? would I have to download onto a laptop and then onto the device for both of them? Is a regular old ipod just a fancy mp3 player? embarrassed

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 3:22 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
Non ipod mp3 player is cheaper and easier to load than an ipod, in my experience. Then you can plug into your car, to cheap speakers for inside the home and just move from room to room. Alternatively, for the home, just load all the music onto your laptop (will need to do this to load up the music player anyway), and attach speakers, then use it like a stereo system.

plug into my car how? with that cassette adapter ?

kb

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 3:47 pm
you need an aux cable.

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 3:51 pm
kb wrote:
you need an aux cable.

Which is what....?

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 3:54 pm
you would need an AUX jack in your car and something like this
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity.....cable

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:09 pm
Any information that doesn't require a $100 upgrade to my cars tape deck?

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:12 pm
shiffycc wrote:
Any information that doesn't require a $100 upgrade to my cars tape deck?

yes. if your car does not have an AUX jack you can use this (may be able to find it elsewhere for cheaper- this was just first result)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2.....id=82

plug it into your mp3 player and put the cassette into the cars tape deck. I used one in my old car for a few years. actually I used 2. after a couple years I had to get a new one.

kb

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:15 pm
This should work, but no guarantees. (I'm NOT that tech advanced myself.) Maybe go into Best Buy and ask there - that way if it doesn't work you can return it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LEUBTTG?psc=1

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:18 pm
busydev wrote:
yes. if your car does not have an AUX jack you can use this (may be able to find it elsewhere for cheaper- this was just first result)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2.....id=82

plug it into your mp3 player and put the cassette into the cars tape deck. I used one in my old car for a few years. actually I used 2. after a couple years I had to get a new one.

OK. That's what I have.

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:20 pm
make sure your speakers/boom box have an aux jack and then use an aux jack to connect to the speakers in the rest of your house.

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:28 pm
Ok. So what I am getting from this is that regardless of whether or not I have an ipod or an mp3 player, I will buy/ download the music from amazon, eichlers, whatever. Then I will upload the music onto the mp3. And then I can play it in my car or plug it into speakers with one of those aux cables. Is that correct? That aux cable looks like something I may have...is it something that would come with a computer, dvd player, camera, or smartphone or something?

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:30 pm
yes it would very possibly come with some of those.

sounds like you got it Smile

shiffycc

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:46 pm
You guys are the best!

kb

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:55 pm
And if you have music from before you can also copy it onto the mp3 player, but that's beyond the scope of my ability to explain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics