Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Speedup pregnancy from 9 months to 1 month would you do it?
1  2  3  Next

Imagine if the technology and medicine would enable you to speedup your pregnancy from nine months to one month would you do it?
Yes  
 44%  [ 70 ]
No  
 55%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 156

blueberries

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 11:59 am
Imagine if the technology and medicine would enable you to speedup your pregnancy from nine months to one month would you do it? I personally would not just because I have not really had a hard pregnancy and I enjoyed knowing that there was a child growing in me and seeing the baby kick. I feel that it brings the family together.

freidasima

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:22 pm
In a second. Especially after having to be on bedrest for most of my pregnancies.

smss

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:23 pm
my husband told me it says somewhere that when mashiach comes conception and birth will take place on the same day.

personally, I need some time to get used to the idea of another baby...

pickle321

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:40 pm
I just thought about this for half a second and then decided no. Even though I had a very difficult pregnancy, I still not want to shorten it to a month. I would shorten it to 6 months maybe. I think it would be to hard mentally to find out I'm pregnant and have a baby a few weeks later. Let's say u don't even knoe ur preg for the first 2 weeks and then having the baby two weeks later. I would need to process the fact that I'm having a baby

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:49 pm
Definitely. If need be I'll realize when baby is there lol. Why would I want to suffer for long months? (here some obnoxious amother comes and says people don't suffer etc... sigh)

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:52 pm
im not sure. Would the 1 month be like the 9th month? Cause thats the main month I really wouldnt mind skipping LOL

but 1 month is pretty short too. I kinda like the 6mo idea more... gives time to prepare and all that.

my mother always said her dream was to not find out till after her first trimester was over...

debsey

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:54 pm
In a nanosecond! Unless there were risks to the baby.......

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 1:25 pm
I voted no for the same reason as the op, but if it was the norm, then yes, I would.

bnm

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 1:31 pm
sure. I was so sick by 9 weeks pregnant I was fed up. 1 month of pregnancy is long enough.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 3:57 pm
After going thru my 6th hg pregnancy w/ numerous life threatening complications and multiple hospitalizations, I'd say sign me up.... if I were to have another kid. (which isn't possible since I had my tubes tied, but this is all theoretical anyhow)

roika

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:10 pm
You should really add another option to the poll. One month is waaay too quick! Oh well and nine months seem long (almost a year) but I guess if Hashem made it this way it must be ideal time to get used to it...

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:34 pm
Let's say I usually fall pregnant over a year after the last baby is born. So this means I'll have a baby every 13-14 months instead of every 19-20 months? No thanks.
Actually I'm glad I have nine months prepare and adjust. Having said that I have pretty easy pregnancies.

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 4:43 pm
hmmm, not sure. I like the time to get used to the idea, and the excitement and anticipation. But I could manage fine with a 7 month pregnancy.

However, surely if they could do that they could also eliminate all the unpleasant parts of pregnancy - heartburn, sickness, need for bedrest, etc.

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 5:09 pm
I vote for 7 months.

goodmorning

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 5:14 pm
smss wrote:
my husband told me it says somewhere that when mashiach comes conception and birth will take place on the same day.

personally, I need some time to get used to the idea of another baby...

Yes, but presumably then all of the curses of Chava will be cancelled, including tza'ar gidul banim.

Which would mean no need for time to get used to the idea of having another baby. (Kind of a hard concept to get my head around.)

rachel91

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 6:05 pm
No, it's too quick, you would be able to have kids 3 months apart shock, I need time to get used to the idea, prepare, etc. Maybe I say this, because my 2 pregnancies have been great, but I'd stick to 9 months.

Actually, there is a plus with the 1 month pregnancy, less weight gain, how much weight could one already gain in a month?
Ok, I might think about it Very Happy

But, seriously? Technology and medicine, could never invent something like this, pregnancies have been 9 months long for ever, so...

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 6:12 pm
Someone needs to open a new tread with "if you could choose from buying your own kid in the super market or being pregnant..." 😭

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 6:31 pm
What would that month be like? Would all of pregnancy (symptoms and problems included) be condensed into one month, or would it be more like the first month of pregnancy, where most women dont suffer too much?

Reesa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 7:18 pm
My ninth month feels nine months long so if it's a miserable one month id desperately want it to be over and would take the new baby without mental preparation.

debsey

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 7:33 pm
Reesa wrote:
My ninth month feels nine months long so if it's a miserable one month id desperately want it to be over and would take the new baby without mental preparation.

Totally agree with Reesa!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics