Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Very bad baby acne

amother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 3:36 pm
Hi. My baby is 2 weeks old and has terrible baby acne.
He is not my first, but none of my others had it this early or this bad. I m looking for some suggestions for helping it go away. I know it doesn't hurt him, but I'm just wondering what I can do to make it better...

(For those that will suggest irritants from detergent - I use regular detergent and then put the wash through a second rinse. Do you think this is enough or do I have to use a special baby detergent like Dreft, which totally does not clean...)

amother

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 9:38 pm
Bump

Raindropsonrose

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 11:15 pm
My baby had baby acne. It went away on its own after a few weeks. My doctor told me it's normal and will go away on its own, which it did.

ElTam

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 11:24 pm
I found rubbing some breast milk on it helped. I just pumped a little and rubbed it on, then let I sit on until their next bath. But, as the poster above me said, it goes away. It's just your hormones clearing their system.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 12:20 am
Are you sure it's acne and not eczema? He can be allergic to foods that you eat or environmental allergens. The best detergent for sensitive skin is one that is dye free and unscented. Tide cleans well IMO and I always run a second rinse cycle to clear out the most possible. Meanwhile it can't hurt to have the dr let you know whether it's acne or something else.

picklelover

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 2:01 am
Happened to all my kids.
Change baby's sheets often.
If baby spits up a lot and/or sleeps on stomach or side, change the sheet even more often.
Also worth trying dreft.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics