Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Psycho-educational evaluation

amother

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 8:36 pm
It's so frustrating! I've had my son tested a few times (through the department of education and a private, very long, neuropsychological evaluation). Each time, there were significant discrepancies in the scores, some areas were really high and others really low. At the end the recommendations always seem to be the same, like extra time for my son to do his work and other generic suggestions. I'm trying to find someone who can look at my son's scores (he's already in high school) and actually give specific suggestions tailered to my son to help him to do better in school based on his specific profile of scores on the psychological and neuropsychologocal tests. Does anyone know of anyone. I would appreciate any recommendations or advice!

marina

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 11:36 am
please message me. Because I haven't met or observed your son, I am limited in what I can do, but I'm happy to look over the ETRs and provide more specific ideas. Most of my experience has been with testing younger kids, but I have worked with some older students as well. No charge Smile

Typically, when there's a discrepancy among the scores, it's a good idea to use the strengths to bolster the weaknesses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics