Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Running out of food!
Previous  1  2

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 12:34 pm
You said it's too hot to make soup but this soup is just as good served cold.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec......html

Raisin

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 12:34 pm
who cares? Just serve the same food twice! We are clearly not meant to be enjoying food in the nine days.

I just served leftovers from the last two nights supper tonight.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 12:39 pm
sky wrote:
Quiche?

Do you have a sandwich maker? Its the same as sandwiches and pizza, but maybe dress it up with vegetables - like grilled veggie sandwiches or breaded eggplant.

Grilled eggplant pizza.

Eggplant Parm. I bake and it is easy if you want the recipe.

Homemade sushi - without the fish - let everyone assemble their own (you will need some other source of protein)

I would love the eggplant parm recipe if you don't mind!

sky

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 1:38 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I would love the eggplant parm recipe if you don't mind!

Layer in a pan - any size, will just effect how many layers, for more layers and smaller eggplant I use 8x8 for less layers and bigger eggplant [or 1 1/2 eggplants] I use a 9x13.

Cornflake crumbs
Eggplant (peeled and sliced thin)
cornflake crumbs
pizza sauce
shredded cheese

repeat the layers until there is no more eggplant. The eggplant should always be sandwiched between the cornflake crumbs. The top layer should be eggplant with cornflake crumbs on top.

Bake covered tightly at 350 for 1 hour.

Uncover and pour on top:
8 oz tomato sauce
3 Tbsp oil
5 Tbsp sugar
(sometime I double the sauce for a 9x13 to be more saucy, for 8x8 pan it is perfect)

You can sprinkle cheese on top if you wish.

Bake uncovered at 400 for another 15 minutes.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 2:03 pm
I am going to try shopmiami's zatila this week. Is that something your family would like?

You can make tacos out of portabello mushrooms.

My 3 year old loves something called tortilla. It is an egg and potato omelette cooked in a frying pan. You can google recipes for tortilla de patata.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 2:40 pm
Pancakes
French Toast or loaf
Blintzes or loaf
Oatmeal
Quiche
Calzone
French fries
Sweet potato fries
Onion rings
Mozzarella sticks
Pizza ravioli

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 4:47 pm
Veg stir fry with tofu, or veg shnitzel slices, or grilled halloumi cheese, or portobello mushrooms.

Hot salad, grilled veg with dipping sauces (one cheese based, one tomato or salsa).

Layered vegetable lasagna with or without pasta, multiple layer of vegetables with tomato sauce and cheese or breadcrumb topping (made this tonight, it was a big hit).

Shakshuka, can be made spicy or not and baked in the oven for a couple of hours then add the eggs into premade dents for the last ten mins. Also yum, and v easy, can prebake and then throw back in the oven before eating to make a quick supper.

Tuna, mushroom or any flavor quiche, again v easy esp if you can afford greek yoghurt, which you can use instead of making a white sauce.

Stuffed mushroom, with the stuffing made of tuna patty mix with breadcrumbs and some cheese, v easy, no frying so healthier than fried tuna balls and the mushroom adds moisture, as oven baked tuna balls can get v dry.

Baken potatoes with a choose your own topping is fun.

Vegetable strudel is also good, my mom's favorite.

Cold soups, cucumber or zucchini, gazpacho or others.

Stuffed aubergine or zucchini with chickpeas/ tomato/ onion and other chopped veg, plus cheese or veggie mince if you use it. Or stuff 2 halves of a squash.

Homemade pizza, or pastry shells with pizza stuffing.

I could go on.....

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 7:10 pm
I hear you! I've been really good about staying away from wheat and dairy this past year, so it's been a real shock to my system. I had pizza for the first time in ages, and got really sick from it. I can't digest any kind of whole grains or beans, either.

DD is perfectly happy with eating nothing but rice and pasta, but she needs more than that. She's a picky eater, and doesn't like most fruits or veggies, eggs are hit and miss.

I really wish I'd stocked up on more fish this year, and more veggies. We're all out of salad stuff, so I'll probably have to hit the store tomorrow, too.

Aetrsnrady

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 7:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Pancakes
French Toast or loaf
Blintzes or loaf
Oatmeal
Quiche
Calzone
French fries
Sweet potato fries
Onion rings
Mozzarella sticks
Pizza ravioli

What is French Toast Loaf?

BeHappy!

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 7:56 pm
Pita & falafal, spinach pretzel, sushi
onion soup, garlic knots
Salmon and baked potatos with cheese on top
Eggplant parm., fries and mozerella sticks
Homemade pizza and salad
Stuffed shells
Breaded tilapia/flounder and cheese blintzes
Fettuccine
Penne Vodka
Quiche

yaeli83

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 7:59 pm
We keep it simple...

Monday was pizza
Tuesday was salmon and salad for me and dh and fish sticks for the kids
Tonight was vegi sub sandwiches
Tomorrow will be spaghetti with soy meat sauce. We keep cy but I found a parve brand.
There is a recipe in dairy made easy for broccoli spring rolls that I might make with a vehicle stir fry...
If you want the kids to eat, make Mac cheese, pizza, grilled cheese or cereal... they will be fine fir a few days

sneakermom

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 8:07 pm
If your kids like cholent you can make a pareve batch. Sautée onions, add oil, pareve kishka and it could be delicious.

Kugel can work. Any kind.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 3:54 pm
Aetrsnrady wrote:
What is French Toast Loaf?
Make a french toast casserole/loaf/souffle.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....toast

Another version from KBD

Challah Souffle
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Jewis.....74/1/
(the cream cheese is an 8 bar)

wispalover

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 6:28 pm
Tacos with veggie burger strips- let them make their own with lettuce, onion, cucumber etc options for toppings.

Veggie meatball subs

Make-your-own pizza with pita breads and fresh veggie sticks

Veggie sausage rolls- buy veggie hot dogs, cut long strips of puff pastry and spiral them around the hot dog

Cauliflower cheese (basically oven made mac n cheese but with cauliflower instead)

Cauliflower "steaks"

fake risotto- make plain brown rice, put some cheese on top and bake in oven a little

Veggie burgers with caramelized onions

shaini

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 8:04 pm
Gnocchi and some flavour vegetable sauce, or if you want pasta, fry a chopped onion, add chopped pumpkin (large amount), cut up zucchini, sliced carrots (a few) and cook until just beginning to get tender then add tin tomato soup, dash of pepper, salt and cook till vegies completely cooked, then add pasta and stir through.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals