Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
4 month old with a cold

freshair

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:20 am
My baby is ba"h 4 months old and has a terrible cold. I use saline and try bulb and he still wakes up every 2 hours to eat and u can tell he wants to sleep but his nose is bothering him. How long does it take to get rid a common cold? He has it for 5 days already!!!!!

smss

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:45 am
try the baby comfy nose aspirator, it really gets a lot out. I don't think those bulbs really work..

amother

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:35 am
Take him in the bathroom and run the hot shower water for him to breathe the steam.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:38 am
Have you brought him to the Dr yet? Babies that young can have serious breathing stuff going on that would not be obvious without a stethoscope.

The nose Frieda is the best at getting out mucus from the nose. Use saline drops every hour to continuously thin the mucus, and suction as needed.

freshair

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:51 am
He was at the dr on Thursday for a well visit. He had a cold and a cough already then. They gave him shots and he had fever. I have another appointment again today to see what's wrong.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 11:09 am
staystrong wrote:
He was at the dr on Thursday for a well visit. He had a cold and a cough already then. They gave him shots and he had fever. I have another appointment again today to see what's wrong.

They gave him shots when he had an active cold?!?

freshair

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 11:10 am
Yes. After it was done my mother told me that I couldn't have asked not to get any right now.

mommy#1

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:04 pm
my baby had a terrible cold for a few days at 2 months old, the dr said to sleep with a cool mist humidifier & it really helped

yogabird

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:08 pm
staystrong wrote:
Yes. After it was done my mother told me that I couldn't have asked not to get any right now.

Do you mean "could have"?

mandr

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 10:41 pm
Saline, saline, and saline. Get the spray kind which is much easier than the drops. Followed by the nasal aspirator. Those are the best. I usually follow that up with a quick q-tip swipe. Also give probiotics and nurse as much as you're able to - it's good for receiving antibodies from you as well as the comfort.

acccdac

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 12:36 am
Use a humidifier

I also found out that babies can get pink eye from a cold, basically they wipe under their nose because it's uncomfortable and they wipe upwards so the mucus goes in their eyes causing pink eye.

Also my son was around that age he had a double ear infection. He was sleeping through the night, had a hirrible runny nose, smiling all day long. However my motherly gutt told me something was wrong. Took him to the doc and he had a double ear infection. So trust yourself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics