Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving Back to US- Shipping info?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 5:27 pm
For reasons beyond our control, we are being advised to move back to America after being here for a year. Since we thought we would be here permanently, we brought alot of our furniture/stuff here and now need to get it back there.

Does anyone have any recommendations/information/ideas for the best/cheapest way to ship a container back to the US?

Any other suggestions or info you think might be helpful?

This is still very overwhelming (and disappointing) so any help or encouragement will be appreciated!!

Thanks

doctorima

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 5:56 pm
There definitely are moving/shipping companies, but you should do the math, and I think you'll find that it pays just to sell it there for a reasonable price, and then replace it back in the US. Unless you're particularly attached to something, I'm not sure that it pays to ship back all of your furniture, unless maybe you can find somebody else to share a lift with.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 12:18 pm
I hear and understand what you are saying, but a lot of my furniture is heirloom (it belonged to grandparents) and some of my other pieces are not replaceable (or it would be prohibitively expensive to replace them) and I really like them. (Also, given their age and size they would probably not get such a great price here)

Does anyone have any experience with shipping in this direction? The recommendations I got on the way here were great!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:22 am
Bump for daytime in Israel

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 4:48 am
Hi - I'm so sorry about the move! We too are probably moving, even though we had been planning to stay here, and I'm having a really hard time accepting it as well.

Did you make the move yet? What did you do with all your things? I don't have any advice - I'm asking you for some Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating