Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
When to make Sheva Brachos?

busymother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:25 pm
I was debating to put this in working woman, not sure exactly what this falls under. Here's our dilemma. We're trying to make a sheva brachos for our brother who's getting married on a wednesday. thursday night is hard for couple #1 because of babysitting (logistically it has to be in Lakewood and they had a nightmare experience last time with the sitter calling every 5 minutes) and s-I-l #2 said do it, but I can't come in again right after the wedding (she works 7am-6pm and can't take off another day) Sunday works for everyone except b-I-l #3, who is one of the good speakers, and Sunday night 2 siblings are going out of town. The only other option is Motzei Shabbos but it'll be sooooo late!!! How can we pull it through when we're so tired?! It's just so frustrating that bil3 can't take off Sunday from his teaching job!!! Anyone have this experience?? Any good advice??? I so desperately want everyone to be there because I missed a few already and feel like, now I'm staying, you guys all have to be there!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:49 pm
Sunday brunch or afternoon?

UQT

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:53 pm
Thursday night sounds like the best option to me. Can you even make it an early BBQ sheva brochos and invite the kids? Have a moonwalk outside to keep the kids busy and an easy kids menu so they stay out of the way. Make it slightly more sophisticated for the adults. The night after the wedding everyone would appreciate having an early night.

I've been to late melave malka sheva brochos as well. Everyone is slightly sick of seeing each other and still full from Shabbos, but that said, it can be fun if you're super organized and start it 1 and half hrs. after Shabbos and serve buffet so it stays short.

One more option might be to offer the kallah that you guys do Shalosh Seudos so you get to run the show as far as the speeches on that one.

Good luck!

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 10:59 am
You can do a shalosh seudos one that will go into motze shabbos. Maariv and havdalah can be at the end of the sheva brachos becuase you will have ten men anywy.

Or Sunday. The good speaker might miss out but I am sure you have other speakers and I am certain no one will mind having one less speech.

Thursday night won't be fun for you I find that the first sheva brachos everyone is just exhausted and wants to leave. If two families can't make it, don't do it then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics