Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dear People who Condone Hamas's Behavior
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 2:13 am
ora_43 wrote:
I hope my previous posts didn't come across as overly critical.

I think there's a lot of value in your message davka as a message to people who are already pro-Israel, or people in the middle, to help remind them that bullying behavior is bullying behavior no matter who it's coming from. IOW to counter the media message that the stronger party is automatically the bully.

I'm just trying to help, in case you really are arguing with pro-Hamas people (something which I think is often an exercise in futility - but sometimes, surprisingly not so).

Thank you for this.

My message was really meant for the people who are leanign towards the side of Hamas but are not clear Jew haters and pro-terrorizing acts. (In particular, I wanted certain family members of mine to see my post on FB.)

amother

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 7:31 am
fmt4 wrote:
Exactly. The majority of these ppl are radical Muslims themselves. There is zero pt in posting this on imamother, where I hope there are no radical Muslims.

Look, to each his own. I didn't post this here expecting everyone to love it and drool over it. But I definitely did not expect to feed Imamother another piece of bait for bashing and/or hurtful comments. Hasn't anyone here ever heard of giving a compliment? It's as if many of you just remember to criticize. You don't like it? Don't read, don't post. You like it? Great, I'm happy you enjoyed. Neutral feelings? Neutral post. Seems pretty basic to me.

I posted it here because I thought maybe someone(s) might enjoy it, that's all. Sorry to waste your time and I forgive you for wasting mine.

(Annnnd let the next round of bashing begin. Rolling Eyes )

5*Mom

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 8:03 am
fmt4 wrote:
There is zero pt in posting this on imamother

Maybe OP's been dealing with people like this irl and came here to vent and get some support from people she assumed, reasonably, could identify with her frustration. Boy, this is one tough crowd.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
Thank you for this.

My message was really meant for the people who are leanign towards the side of Hamas but are not clear Jew haters and pro-terrorizing acts. (In particular, I wanted certain family members of mine to see my post on FB.)

There is a certain mindset I think you're encountering and that's supporting the underdog. This is a noble instinct but the problem is that people will support whoever is perceived to be the underdog, rightly or wrongly, and they will be very fickle in their allegiances.

m in Israel

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 8:19 am
I do think it is important to understand the mindset of supporters of Hamas. When searching for news about the situation I accidentally wandered onto a pro-Hamas blog. The writer was describing extensively the terrible acts of "terror" perpetrated by Israel with its strong army and violent "settler" population. These people actually believe that ISRAEL frequently kidnaps and tortures Palestinian children, plants bombs in Palestinian elementary schools, and who knows what else. They describe Hamas's rockets as being "symbolic" (because, after all, they don't actually HURT anybody), and Israel being a totalitarian military country practicing apartheid. As the saying goes "my mind is made up, please don't confuse me with the facts."

So while your post sounds nice, those who support Hamas can argue exactly the same thing, simply switching the two sides. (IOW they say that Israel is the "bully" on the playground who should be using their words to negotiate rather than bombing Gaza.)

amother

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 8:20 am
5*Mom wrote:
Maybe OP's been dealing with people like this irl and came here to vent and get some support from people she assumed, reasonably, could identify with her frustration. Boy, this is one tough crowd.

Thanks for the validation. Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics