Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Baruch Hashem

cbg

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 2:13 pm
Baruch HaShem:
I'm finally done cooking.
I have a fantastic DD (the only DD home for Pesach) that helped me so much.
My husband, although very busy, did his best to help me, by providing me a cleaning lady for today.
I had happy and wonderful reasons I could not start my Pesach preparations earlier.
I did not have a break down.
I am sitting for 5 minutes and having the time to go on Imamother.
I will be able to take a shower without rushing to be ready.
Baruch HaShem
Today I realize I have a lot to be thankful.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 2:19 pm
Here is the smile for you that I smiled reading your post.

Chag Sameach!

cbg

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 2:24 pm
Chag Sameach to all my beautiful sisters.

abaker

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 4:16 pm
thank you! glad to see a happy, grateful perspective on such a hectic day. BH

MrsDuby

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 4:31 pm
best post of the day !!! Smile Smile

There are so many reasons to feel kvetchy on a day like today... tired, worn out, so much to do blah blah... but yet, look a little bit past our noses and we'll all find people who are truly suffering ... our friends, neighbors, maybe family members - and we'll suddenly realize how blessed we are -- and grateful for what we have....

Have a wonderful Chag !!!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 5:59 pm
In addition to BH being lucky enough to be away for yom tov with my family, I found out today that we are BH expecting our first child. After months of infertility and treatments. Amazing and miraculous. I am so, so, so lucky and grateful.

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 16 2014, 9:49 pm
B'sha'ah tovah! What a wonderful surprise for you. Enjoy your hotel stay, and may you have a happy, healthy nine months, and a happy, healthy baby in the right time.

cbg

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 3:56 pm
Bump

cbg

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 10:49 pm
Lets restart this thread
Baruch HaShem:
All my kids will be home this Pesach
I was able to start early this year
I'm able to get cleaning help

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 12:03 am
Thank you for this thread!
B"h that all my children are home safe and sound when at this point before succos my youngest dd was in the hospital getting a spinal tap, MRI, cat scan and poked and poked and poked while she screamed and cried because they had no idea what was wrong with her. B"h b"h b"h it turned out fine and she is healthy and home! Especially today when I am so down about the news thank you for reminding me how lucky I am!

tag

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 1:31 am
Baruch hashem ... Thank you for all my blessings and giving me the wisdom to see my blessings... I lighted a candle for r menachem mendel mirimnov 40 days and had a big yeshua

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 1:37 am
Baruch Hashem for being able to spend Pesach with my children. I don't think I ever appreciated that before as much as I do this year. Who cares about the overwhelming job of cleaning and cooking, at least I have reason to do it!

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 6:20 pm
BUMP

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 7:05 pm
Bh I have wonderful in laws that are hosting us for the entire pesach. Its my easy way out of not cleaning and cooking like a slave. God knows I could not pull it off...

cbg

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 4:10 pm
tag wrote:
Baruch hashem ... Thank you for all my blessings and giving me the wisdom to see my blessings... I lighted a candle for r menachem mendel mirimnov 40 days and had a big yeshua

Can you share
If it's too personal I understand

Imamothers keep them coming
Let's give Hashem a lot of nachas

gp2.0

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 4:50 pm
I was going to start a thread with how much I'm looking forward to Pesach, but was afraid it would diminish others' genuine hardship. I know some people have it very hard, working up to erev pesach, kids at home, no cleaning help, etc.

That being said I LOVE Pesach and I'm so looking forward to spending more than a week with family and friends, singing and telling stories and eating good food and having quality time with each other.

I love the ceremonial aspect of the seder, I like matzah and the variety of wines and all the fun creative recipes I come up with to use matzah with, like matzah grilled cheese and matzah french toast.

I don't overdo the cleaning and I'm happy to throw out garbage from my freezer or cabinets or car that sat there way too long.

People warned me it would be hard to make Pesach but as it turns out Pesach is such an enjoyable yom tov for me and I would love to hear about more people who are looking forward to it with excitement and joy rather than dread.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Mar 26 2015, 5:18 pm
Gp2.0, I'm like you. I actually enjoy the cleaning and organizing. I freelance and it just happens to be that I wasn't very busy the past few weeks. I also don't have any babies which makes things much easier. I really enjoy the seder, I really "shep nachas" from watching my kids say their divrei torah, and of course the Ma Nishtana and singing together. I love matzah, I eat it for breakfast and sometimes lunch on Pesach. I love making special Pesach foods that I never make otherwise.

I had the same experience as you, the first year I made Pesach everyone kept telling me how hard it would be, and I kept waiting for the hard part.

Of course there are many people for whom making Pesach is legitimately difficult, B"H at this point in my life I can handle it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics