Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help! Away for pesach!Now what?

miami85

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 12:28 pm
We are staying at a relative's house for pesach. My 21 month old figured how to climb out of the pack n' play that we were counting on him for sleeping in. At home our crib is situated so that it's extremely difficult for that to happen so we were not prepared that he could do this. I never had this with my older son therefore I'm new to this. How do I put him to sleep? Especially tonight I was hoping for him to go to sleep before the seder.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 2:18 pm
Same way your older son had to learn how to stay in his bed. You dont allow climbing out. I just transfered my 18m old to a bed. It doesnt take long for them to learn that at night or naptime they must stay in bed.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 5:40 pm
Oops! I would not use the pack n play... Once he knows how to climb out it's too dangerous and can chvs tip and cause serious injury. Why don't you lie down next to him on a mattress on the floor? He'll learn that he can't get out of bed but it won't happen in two minutes, so instead of everyone feeling frustrated just keep your expectations low and help ease the transition.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics