Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What are your chol hamoed plans?
1  2  Next

Pineapple

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:08 pm
Any area

Any age

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:09 pm
I'm still trying to plan today ...

cbg

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:20 pm
Rest. Every year I tell my family, there's the fridge, there's the oven, all meals today are self service. Please use disposable things, and please don't leave a mess. I spend the day relaxing, reading the mishap cha and yated. The next day the cooking marathon starts all over.

Sugar plum

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:58 pm
Legoland discovery center in westchester, my kids are 5 and 2.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 9:53 pm
There is one measly weekday in chu"l this year, and I am stuck with an important appointment for one of the kids smack in middle of it - no other day will do and they are only in in the early afternoon, effectively slicing the day in half. So, maybe a playground on the way back... Sad

momoftwo2

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 10:44 pm
Sugar plum wrote:
Legoland discovery center in westchester, my kids are 5 and 2.

details please? My kids are the same ages as yours

Sugar plum

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:08 pm
http://www.legolanddiscoveryce.....ster/

It's not big, but there are a few different activities and rides for kids to do. I've went once before and my son really enjoyed it. I wouldn't take older kids though, they'd probably be bored.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 1:56 am
Make sure they have openings in lego land looks like most of the day on Thursday is already sold out - good luck
Just didn't want u to travel all the way and then have to turn around!

groisamomma

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 2:49 am
Six Flags membership...so we go free every day Chol Hamoed Very Happy

Kids are ages 6-9 so rides and fun for everyone.

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 5:45 am
we do stuff even on erev yom tov. even though there is cooking to be done we like going out.

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 5:45 am
I think I'd go batty if I had to go to Six Flags more than twice in one week.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 6:12 am
The london eye and a boat ride on the Thames. I know these posts are American only but I thought I would join in!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 8:37 am
amother wrote:
Make sure they have openings in lego land looks like most of the day on Thursday is already sold out - good luck
Just didn't want u to travel all the way and then have to turn around!

Why do u say that? Just booked without any problems

princessleah

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 9:56 am
Getting away from the crowds in NY so going to either Stamford nature center, Norwalk aquarium and Norwalk children's museum

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 1:57 pm
Raisin wrote:
we do stuff even on erev yom tov. even though there is cooking to be done we like going out.

Me too.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Apr 16 2014, 10:38 pm
We also go out every day. I cook most stuff before yt so I only make side dishes on erev shabbs and second days.

Tomorrow we're hopefully going to crayola experience in PA and hoping its not too packed.
Friday is local so prospect park zoo or cobey island aquarium. Sunday I'm not sure yet depends on the weather.

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 16 2014, 11:44 pm
Tomorrow, circus. Friday, cook and enjoy family coming for last days, take yummy DGD to park or for a long walk. Sunday, ditto, and pack away anything I won't need on last days (dairy plates, electric cookware, etc).

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 1:18 am
We're going to tour a recycling facilty and see an art exhibit on what used to be Israel's largest garbage dump that is being turned into a huge park:

http://www.touristisrael.com/a...../702/

We just told the kids "we're going to a park"... they'll get the full details when we arrive...

momX4

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 1:21 am
DrMom wrote:
We're going to tour a recycling facilty and see an art exhibit on what used to be Israel's largest garbage dump that is being turned into a huge park:

http://www.touristisrael.com/a...../702/

We just told the kids "we're going to a park"... they'll get the full details when we arrive...

someone gave me good advice. Never tell your kids where you are going. Someone will always complain. Keep it a surprise until you get there. We did this even for a vacation that everyone was excited about. The kids were well behaved in the car for 3 hours while guessing.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 9:10 am
momX4 wrote:
someone gave me good advice. Never tell your kids where you are going. Someone will always complain. Keep it a surprise until you get there. We did this even for a vacation that everyone was excited about. The kids were well behaved in the car for 3 hours while guessing.

That is such a good idea. One sunday we went somewhere and two kids didn't want to go because it sounded boring. While we were there I kept sending a whats app picture of what we were doing and saying "we're having a better time than you!!" Twisted Evil . If we didn't tell them maybe they would have come.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics