Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
On my own
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 3:13 pm
amother wrote:
I had one young adult get out of bed at 2pm (yes, in the afternoon) and stomp through the kitchen demanding food. "There's the ruggelach, there's the cereal." "NO, I want REAL food." And proceeds to take hamburger patties out of the freezer. "Excuse me, those are for the whole family." "Not anymore." shock
Needless to say, I chased his behind out of the kitchen with my spatula. Exploding anger

This reminds me of a Zits:
Jeremy bursts in the room: Mom, Dad, I've just been lying in bed awake and I can't sleep? What's wrong with me???
Parental unit (forgot which): Jeremy, it's 1:00 in the afternoon and you've just slept for 15 hours.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:02 pm
never heard of jeremy zits ...

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:
I had one young adult get out of bed at 2pm (yes, in the afternoon) and stomp through the kitchen demanding food. "There's the ruggelach, there's the cereal." "NO, I want REAL food." And proceeds to take hamburger patties out of the freezer. "Excuse me, those are for the whole family." "Not anymore." shock
Needless to say, I chased his behind out of the kitchen with my spatula. Exploding anger

guess he's eating for the whole family ... oysh

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 8:44 pm
Hug Hug Crying Hugs greenie! Hug Hug Crying

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 8:49 pm
You never saw the cartoon, Zits, by Borgman and Scott? It's brilliant. They have anthologies at your local library. Jeremy is the teenager.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 12:33 pm
& the status is - that dd#3 came in last night and tried to help ... I kept quiet and we worked together till I could no longer stand & did a make-shift or new era bedikas chometz & went to sleep

woke up at 6:30 am & continued - modified some places - like who knew that broken oven could be storage for the pots & 2 drawers of utensils that I usually have to carry away & make room for the pesach pots ... I didn't clean the freezer - but have one downstairs so that could be for pesach stuff & we just cleaned the fridge ...

chometz is burning away - while dd#3 is washing the floor & now all we need is wine & well I can't remember what else I need - maybe marror so I could have a good cry tonight ...

somehow though at the last minute someone thought they could change the seder so that I would do the first one for the kids & they would go to their dad for the 2nd one ... no way I am sticking to my fall flat on my face while reading inspirational haggadas & getting a good - well-deserved sleep so the 2nd seder with the kids can be more fulfilling as I've done in the past many years ... their dad can keep the 1st seder

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 12:36 pm
oh & for anybody who ever wanted to throw in the towel for pesach ... yeah this would have been a good year to do so ...

even if nothing is covered yet - brought down from the attic - or surely not cooked

but I'm still standing [or sitting as it may be in between thingys to rest my wary aching varicose vein feet]

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 1:03 pm
Wish you could come spend Pesach here! Our guests cancelled (ended up traveling out of the area... wtvr) and now we are alone, everyone else already had plans...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 10:00 am
Did it go according to plan?

black and white

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 10:08 am
A Gut Moed, greenfire
Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you on Yom Tov and hoping you were having a nice and enjoyable Chag.

mandr

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 2:57 pm
Thinking of you too.

Yes, you really should read Zits. It's excellent. I read it while I was a teenager and fully related Smile

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 3:31 pm
Ah, but mandr, now that you've crossed to the dark side what think you? Tongue Out

mandr

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 3:37 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Ah, but mandr, now that you've crossed to the dark side what think you? Tongue Out

Still love them. It's just a bit too depressing sometimes.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 3:39 pm
mandr wrote:
Still love them. It's just a bit too depressing sometimes.

Oh. So maybe you need Calvin and Hobbes, or the Far Side as an antidote? (Bizarro is good too but not as available.)

mandr

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 3:54 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Oh. So maybe you need Calvin and Hobbes, or the Far Side as an antidote? (Bizarro is good too but not as available.)

C&H was terrrrribly depressing to me. My favorites are Amelia Rules and Foxtrot, and Luann.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 5:23 pm
mandr wrote:
C&H was terrrrribly depressing to me. My favorites are Amelia Rules and Foxtrot, and Luann.

Ooh, forgot Foxtrot. Luann's ok and Amelia Rules is after my time.
(Sorry for the hijack, Greenfire.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics