Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Kohlrabi!!

sped

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 5:36 am
I have a lot of kohlrabi. Other than kohlrabi slaw and adding it to soup, how can I cook and
serve it?
Thanks

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:04 am
eat it eaw -

tigerwife

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:15 am
Cut it into fries,
season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder,
Spray a baking sheet and line the fries,
Spray the fries,
Bake on 400 until crispy (like 40 minutes)

tweety1

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:49 am
Use it instead of cabbage for cabbage/noodles side dish. Tastes the same

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:57 am
You can serve it together with mashed potatoes & it is delicious!

Just cook cubes in boiling water until soft and then mash them like potatoes. You are able to eat that alone, but it tastes better if you mix it together with mashed potatoes with garlic and bake it slightly. You may also add cheese to this mix if you want something milchig.

My mother use to pickle it and also fry it. You can do just about anything with Kohlrabi. If you are interested in either of the two, I can find out how to do it.

sped

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 10:40 am
Thank you so much! Today I tried roasting them in the oven with olive oil, salt and spices. It came out so-so. Maybe tomorrow I will try it mashed with potatoes.

tweety1

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 12:41 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
You can serve it together with mashed potatoes & it is delicious!

Just cook cubes in boiling water until soft and then mash them like potatoes. You are able to eat that alone, but it tastes better if you mix it together with mashed potatoes with garlic and bake it slightly. You may also add cheese to this mix if you want something milchig.

My mother use to pickle it and also fry it. You can do just about anything with
Kohlrabi. If you are interested in either of the two, I can find out how to do it.

I'd like to have recipe with potatoes plz

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 2:12 pm
Mashed potatoes and kohlrabi is cooked just like regular mashed potatoes (just you combine the two). You add whichever spices you want. Peel, cube, & boil the potatoes & kohlrabi (you should have about a 10% more of potatoes than kohlrabi).. Then you can add whatever you would to regular mashed potatoes, garlic, oil, onions, etc. If milchig you can add butter, cheese, milk..... You just prepare it as you would mashed potatoes... I do it all the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics