Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Breakfast ideas for picky toddlers

happy2Bamommy

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 7:54 pm
My 4 year old dc has officially stopped eating breakfast. Dc wakes up about 7:00 am and refuses to eat breakfast before going to school. Dc is allergic to dairy which makes things even harder and from the few options of bread, cereal, eggs, dc refuses all of them!
And dc that's 2 years old and isn't allergic, refuses to eat any form of breakfast as well. Any ideas that I can try on them?

Raw

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:09 pm
Smoothies with almond/coconut/soy/oat milk.
Let your child choose what fruits he'd like to add in. Bananas, pineapple, mango, pear, berries etc.
Then you can sneak things like nut butters and avocados in for protein and healthy fats.
This way it's a meal in a cup and can be varied all the time.
Also, buy fun cups with straws to make it more appealing.

momX4

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:09 pm
instant oatmeal, pancake (can you make it parve?), homemade oatmeal cookies.. I know these arent the healthiest option, but your kids need to eat something.

Some of my kids need time before they can be ready to eat breakfast.

cs1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:12 pm
I give my 18 month old, 1 oatmeal packet (cinnamon and apple) and a strawberry/banana drink.
sometimes ill make kashe and chocolate. (Thats how my mom bribed us to eat it as kids so im just continuing the tradition.)

Im stuck on lunch and supper...ds is so picky and refuses all protein. Today I managed to sneak in an egg into his meal so I feel super proud.

naomi2

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:54 pm
think out of the box. it doesnt have to be breakfast food. will he eat leftover meatballs, soup, pasta, french fries, fish sticks, etc..
speak to him the night before and have him choose then so you'll both be prepared.

rachelbg

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:37 pm
rice cakes and peanut butter
string cheese
fruit slices
sandwich

happy2Bamommy

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:49 pm
naomi2 wrote:
think out of the box. it doesnt have to be breakfast food. will he eat leftover meatballs, soup, pasta, french fries, fish sticks, etc..
speak to him the night before and have him choose then so you'll both be prepared.

I try to give dc any leftovers that they like. But that doesn't happen too often.
They would eat pasta for breakfast lunch and dinner if I were to allow it. But they very often have pasta in school for lunch so I try to avoid giving it to them for breakfast. On Sundays I usually give them pasta since I know they definitely won't have it in school. Fish sticks is a great idea and they love it too!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics