Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Are JellyBellys kosher
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 2:44 pm
is that a reliable, real hechsher. those I have asked are of different opinions.

mumoo

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 4:11 pm
from their website:
Quote:
Jelly Belly jelly beans are produced and distributed under Kashrut supervision of KO Kosher Service, a division of the Adas Harabonim Council of Rabbis of Philadelphia.

We do NOT use this hechsher; the CRC does not recommend it

mumoo

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 7:53 pm
why are there two of these?
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....89205

BlumaG

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 9:10 pm
no, but there is a brand Gimbal's sold at Walmart that is comparable and really tasty

mumoo

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 9:32 pm
sam's club also

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 1:53 am
I used to eat them but stopped (years ago) when I heard there was beetle juice in them. But they were goooood. I guess I like beetle juice. What

GAMZu

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 2:08 am
Who needs jellybeans?
They are full of food coloring and are EVIL- they rot your teeth, they give you stomachaches, and Red# 3 has been proven to cause cancer but is still approved for use because the risk is not so great.

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 2:33 am
Some like doughnuts and others jellybeans Very Happy

Sparkle

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 2:35 am
My friend just went to the Jellybelly factory. They bought Sunkist and their new boxes have an ou on them...stay tuned for them. But yes, the old boxes with the KO are NOT reliable.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 10:34 am
Doughnuts may be fatty, but they don't consist of chemicals and paint. there are actually REAL food ingredients there.

Mevater

Post Sun, Nov 25 2007, 10:47 am
http://jellybelly.com/Cultures.....e.htm

Quote:
Jelly Belly Candy Company headquartered in Fairfield, Calif., has Jelly Belly jelly beans and all of its confectionery products will begin to show the OU Kosher certification. Products are expected to begin to reach store shelves this month.

They're unfortunately yummy with very unique flavors.

waterbottle

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 6:53 pm
JellyBellys recently became OU kosher.

Hadassa Avra

Post Fri, Feb 29 2008, 4:47 pm
I was planning on asking about that hecsher.

Finding that JellyBelly will or is OU has made my day. Very Happy Bounce

Last edited by Hadassa Avra on Sat, Mar 01 2008, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

cookielady

Post Fri, Feb 29 2008, 4:49 pm
we looked into this recently, they are ou and parve..... and really good

Zus

Post Sat, Mar 01 2008, 1:56 pm
I know for a fact that at least some (if not all) of the assorted bags are OU.

su7kids

Post Sat, Mar 01 2008, 8:09 pm
Only those with the OU are kosher. The other kosher sign is not acceptable and is still from before the OU took over the hashgocha.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Mar 01 2008, 9:21 pm
YAY!

traveler

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 1:37 am
Quote:
My friend just went to the Jellybelly factory. They bought Sunkist and their new boxes have an ou on them...stay tuned for them. But yes, the old boxes with the KO are NOT reliable.

The are not all OU - I just bought a box in Shoprite and it was KO. I personally know the owner of the KO 'Hechsher' he is a very frum Rabbi who lives in Lakewood. Just because his 'Hechser' is not popular it doesn't make it a bad one. It is a very good 'Hechsher' if you have any specific questions on why some question the 'Hechsher' feel free to PM me. As for his 'Hechsher' on Jelly Belly's they are 100% KOSHER!

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:02 am
traveler wrote:
Quote:

The are not all OU - I just bought a box in Shoprite and it was KO. I personally know the owner of the KO 'Hechsher' he is a very frum Rabbi who lives in Lakewood. Just because his 'Hechser' is not popular it doesn't make it a bad one. It is a very good 'Hechsher' if you have any specific questions on why some question the 'Hechsher' feel free to PM me. As for his 'Hechsher' on Jelly Belly's they are 100% KOSHER!

Based on your post, I would then recommend that people ask their Rav before eating the KO. Because while the head of the organization may be very frum, respected, etc, it doesn't necessarily mean that plants are checked regularly, nor does it mean that he is not using kula's (leniencies) that not everyone holds by.

I know that 95% of the frum world will go by the OU in this case, but not everyone holds by the KO, so ask your Rav. Soon it will be a moot point anyway, but in the meantime, be cautious.

hannah95

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 1:04 pm
I recently bought some OU certified ones.
I'm wondering about the beetle juice thing now ..

H.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars