Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Increasing or Decreasing Display Font Size with the Mouse

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 2:05 pm
Increasing or Decreasing Display Font Size with the Mouse

If you have a scrolling mouse (a little wheel between the two buttons) you can change the size of the display font simply by holding down the [Control] key while moving the mouse-wheel. The font size changes either up or down based on the amount you move the mouse-wheel. This doesn't actually change the size of the font, just the way you are viewing it. It works in most programs that have text.

ltlesmartmom

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 2:34 pm
your good! a long imte ago it took time for me to chap what I did when it happend to me.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 11:00 am
Some systems also allow for a simple way to increase/decrease font size...

Press Control and + or Control and - at the same time to increase or decrease (respectively) the font on the browser.

(Hmm, doesn't seem to work on the computer I'm at with IE...it works on my personal computer with Firefox, but it's not Windows-based, so I don't know if it works on Windows FF.)

lotte

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 6:52 pm
Thank you withhumor.
I tried it today and it only changed the font size on my yahoo but nowhere else.
Did I do it right?

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 10:26 pm
Aha. This must be what is happening when my toddler attacks my keyboard and the font gets tiny.

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 10:02 am
Teneleven, this method is a quick and easy way to change fonts on the fly. However many web developers will use sophisticated code to lock their fonts in place because they don’t want the end user to have the control and then mess up their layout! It’s bad practice and you should sign a potion to bad that developer… ok just kidding.

su7kids

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:08 am
How do you change it back?

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 6:47 pm
Same thing. Roll it up to be big, down to make it small. Somewhere in between the rolling is the size that you want.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 3:02 am
With, I have a laptop and every time my kids touch it the font/text gets real big! I don't know how in heaven it goes back to smaller size but right now it's huge and can u tell me which buttons to press so this will go back to small? so that the whole imamother page fits on one page without me having to scroll across....

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 9:35 am
On your laptop case I think they’re probably playing a game that rests the screen resolution every time (such a pain!) and makes all the icons reset itself neatly…

Here’s how to get it back, the standard is 800 x 600.

To change your screen resolution

1 - Right-click the desktop on a blank area

2 - Select Properties from the drop-down menu

3 - Click the Settings tab

4 - Under the "Screen Area" there is a slider bar control. Drag the control to the right (more) and watch monitor sample.

5 - Click the "Apply" button and Windows will test your new settings. If you see the screen and it is acceptable to you, press the OK button to permanently keep the new settings. If the desktop area doesn't look right, or doesn't display at all, do nothing for 15 seconds, and Windows 98 will return to your previous settings.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 5:55 pm
With, a big yasher koach to you for helping me out! OK, so I followed your instructions and guess what, now the screen is too small for me. I only moved it one notch. What about the dpi, does that have anything to do with this at all? By the way I have windows xp.

withhumor

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 7:52 pm
That slider setting is there for you to play around and find the DPI that you are most comfortable. By default, all computers come with 800 x 600 but older people with bifocals need it down to 640, the younger ones like it at 1024. play around and remember the number in case someone messes it up for you.

gryp

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 10:52 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Some systems also allow for a simple way to increase/decrease font size...

Press Control and + or Control and - at the same time to increase or decrease (respectively) the font on the browser.

(Hmm, doesn't seem to work on the computer I'm at with IE...it works on my personal computer with Firefox, but it's not Windows-based, so I don't know if it works on Windows FF.)

just tried it with IE, it worked.

Quote:
Aha. This must be what is happening when my toddler attacks my keyboard and the font gets tiny.

Meema2kids, our toddlers should get together! LOL LOL better hide the computers first though.

momomany

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 2:28 pm
thank you thank you thank you!!!!! imamother has all the answers! my screen fonts grew suddenly today & all it took to fix it was a quick search on imamother! hurray!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics