Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
AWARD WINNING RECIPES

here2chill

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 12:58 pm
I'm looking for new recipes. I am open to try anything. How about we start posting award winning recipes, one that always receives rave reviews!

Thanks!

here2chill

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 9:36 pm
187 views and not one recipe?! Wow Confused

abmom

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 9:57 pm
here2chill wrote:
187 views and not one recipe?! Wow Confused
I opened this thread to find award winning recipes. I'm sure most of the 187 did too. Smile

Happy18

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 10:44 pm
abmom wrote:
I opened this thread to find award winning recipes. I'm sure most of the 187 did too. Smile

That's why I opened it.

mochacoffee

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:01 pm
I wouldn't call my recipes award winning but they definitely get rave reviews!! Here's a delicious recipe for 2 tone bourekas. Such a great combo of sweet and salty. Not my own recipe it's from a cookbook but I don't remember which one.

Two Tone Bourekas

Ingredients
• 1 package ready flaky dough squares

Broccoli Filling
• 1 lb. frozen broccoli - cooked and mashed
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp. onion soup mix
• 1 1/2 tbsp. flour

Sweet Potato Filling
• 3 medium sized sweet potatoes - cooked and mashed
• 1 tbsp. honey
• 2 oz margarine

• 1 egg
• sesame seeds

Cook broccoli in minimal amount of water with salt. Drain well and mash. Combine with ingredients for broccoli filling.
Combine ingredients for sweet potato filling.
Place 1 tbsp. of broccoli filling onto one corner of each dough square. Place 1 tbsp. of sweet potato filling on the opposite corner. Bring the two remaining corners of dough towards the center, pinch well. Brush with egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375º for 20 minutes.

gold21

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:02 pm
The chocolate chip cookie recipe from AllRecipes.com, called Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.

gold21

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:03 pm
The Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate chocolate cake recipe from Hersheys.com- I make it with a chocolate icing made of 2 parts melted choc chips to 1 part heated non-dairy creamer instead of with the frosting they have.

Last edited by gold21 on Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

mochacoffee

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:12 pm
I also have this cherry cobbler recipe that for some reason is such a huge hit. It's a simple recipe and really easy to make, I think because the crumble part isn't too sweet it balances out nicely. In the hundreds of times I've made it, I've gotten hundreds of compliments.

If you want to change it up or need a larger amount double the crumble recipe and add a second can of fruit. Bake it in a 9x13. I've often made cherry/blueberry. It's pretty much foolproof too.

Cherry Cobbler

• 2 cups flour
• ¾ cups sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
• ½ cup of oil
• 1 egg

• 1 can cherry pie filling

Mix together all ingredients except cherry pie filling to make a crumble. Grease a pirex dish (8 or 9 inch) and pour half of crumble into the dish. Pat down the crumble to evenly distribute along the bottom of the dish. Pour the cherry pie filling on top of the crumble. Pour the remaining crumble on top of the filling to cover. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes – 1 hour.

chaya35

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 7:21 pm
lovemytwins wrote:
I also have this cherry cobbler recipe that for some reason is such a huge hit. It's a simple recipe and really easy to make, I think because the crumble part isn't too sweet it balances out nicely. In the hundreds of times I've made it, I've gotten hundreds of compliments.

If you want to change it up or need a larger amount double the crumble recipe and add a second can of fruit. Bake it in a 9x13. I've often made cherry/blueberry. It's pretty much foolproof too.

Cherry Cobbler

• 2 cups flour
• ¾ cups sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
• ½ cup of oil
• 1 egg

• 1 can cherry pie filling

Mix together all ingredients except cherry pie filling to make a crumble. Grease a pirex dish (8 or 9 inch) and pour half of crumble into the dish. Pat down the crumble to evenly distribute along the bottom of the dish. Pour the cherry pie filling on top of the crumble. Pour the remaining crumble on top of the filling to cover. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes – 1 hour.

Thanks for posting made this for shabbos and my family loved it.

mochacoffee

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 7:26 pm
Glad to hear!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics