Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Dramamin for 18 month old

Dini

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 1:41 pm
could I give my 18 month old a tiny piece of a chewable dramamin?

suomynona

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 1:48 pm
I was desperate to give my daughter dramamine before age 2, and all the Drs I asked were pretty firm about not giving until age 2. I got a prescription suppository (in Israel) for her. I also used benadryl which is supposed to help.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 2:13 pm
I wouldn't. Nausea isn't a normal event; it's a stress event of some kind. Eliminate the reason for it.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 2:20 pm
My son used to vomit violently every time he was in a carn even for a short time. At 19 months our ped okayed giving 1/4 pil before travel.

poelmamosh

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 12:27 am
suomynona wrote:
I was desperate to give my daughter dramamine before age 2, and all the Drs I asked were pretty firm about not giving until age 2. I got a prescription suppository (in Israel) for her. I also used benadryl which is supposed to help.

My sister was told by her ped -and mine confirmed this- not to give Dramamine to kids at all. I use 1/2 dose Benadryl for my kids when we travel long distances (they all get motion sickness) and it helps wonderfully.

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 1:14 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
I wouldn't. Nausea isn't a normal event; it's a stress event of some kind. Eliminate the reason for it.

WHAT???
Car sickness is a perfectly normal event, actually. For some ppl to "eliminate the reason" means to never travel for more than 25 min.

suomynona

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 1:47 am
c.c.cookie wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:

WHAT???
Car sickness is a perfectly normal event, actually. For some ppl to "eliminate the reason" means to never travel for more than 25 min.

Actually for us, it was not to travel more than 5 minutes at one point.

kitov

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 10:45 am
My ped also suggested benadryl for kids.

Dini

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 12:41 pm
I was really desperate yesterday and gave her a tiny piece, less than 1/4 and I also used those wrist bands that put pressure in the inside of the wrist which takes away nausea. Thanks for the suggestion of benadryl, I thing I will try it, I will also ask my dr what the ramifications are of using the dramamin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics