Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I'm about to CRACK!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:02 am
im mamish at my last straw. I am NOT able to work or function as normal human being since my baby is farrr from sleeping thgouh the night at 5 months old.
when he 3 months he was sleeping beautifully., I was bragging abt my baby to everyone which is prob. why Hshem is punishing me.
im trying to schedule him now but it totally backfired. I put him to sleep at 7 for he night and h slept great until 1. then eh woke up every hour from 1 until 9.
I dont know what to do. I need chizuk and lots of advice. I just cant let him CIO though it would be too hard.
please please help!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:03 am
op here-
I forgot to add that I started him on solids just so that it would fill his belly...(I realy didnt want to strt so young but I needed help!)well it didnt work....I gave hima whole half a banana and he still woke up every hour last ngiht!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:05 am
He could be teething or have an allergy.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:11 am
Is he constipated from the banana? He might also be teething. Tylenol may help.
Whatever it is, chances are it will get better soon. Just try to hang in there.

cookiemilk

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
im mamish at my last straw. I am NOT able to work or function as normal human being since my baby is farrr from sleeping thgouh the night at 5 months old.
when he 3 months he was sleeping beautifully., I was bragging abt my baby to everyone which is prob. why Hshem is punishing me.
im trying to schedule him now but it totally backfired. I put him to sleep at 7 for he night and h slept great until 1. then eh woke up every hour from 1 until 9.
I dont know what to do. I need chizuk and lots of advice. I just cant let him CIO though it would be too hard.
please please help!

I am sorry I reprinted op's quote, its to point out that you think Hashem is likely punishing you for bragging or something. This has nothing to do with anything. Kids are unpredictable and go through seasons where they are well behaved and then they are more restless. It could very well be teething pain. I have an idea so you can get more sleep. take your baby to a sitter for two hours every second day and go home to sleep. I guess you can do this if you are not working. Making sure that you are well rested is far more important right now than hiring cleaning help or running errands. I did this with my colicky son, I walked him to a nice sitter living down the block during the day while my dd was at the playgroup. Then I went home and got 12 precious dollars and two hours worth of sleep. You are using language like you are CRACKING which shows the severity of your sleep deprivation so get help now. While some may say that this season however difficult will pass, you still need coping tools right now.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:29 am
is he having enough to eat in the day or does he eat a lot at night?

is he waking crying, hungry, wanting to play?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:45 am
a few things-
first of all I cannot leave him with a babysitter sice he doesnt take a bottle and he wouldnt be fed.
he sometimes wakes up crying and sometimes wanting to play.
I try to feed him during the day but I work most of teh day so its hard to.
thanks for all the generous feedback

ianaii

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:54 am
I dont have much advice to give. I am also having a hard time with my 6th month old. She sleeps through the night (so far), but she cries ALL DAY LONG. I literally cant do anything. Even holding her doesnt help much.

Also, at about 5 months she was the same way you are describing. From about 1 am waking up every hour. She is really teething now, so maybe it is the before teething stage?

Just wanted to say I feel you and just try to think "Gam ze yaavor"! This too shall pass Hug Hug

zigi

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 11:21 am
ianaii wrote:
I dont have much advice to give. I am also having a hard time with my 6th month old. She sleeps through the night (so far), but she cries ALL DAY LONG. I literally cant do anything. Even holding her doesnt help much.

Also, at about 5 months she was the same way you are describing. From about 1 am waking up every hour. She is really teething now, so maybe it is the before teething stage?

Just wanted to say I feel you and just try to think "Gam ze yaavor"! This too shall pass Hug :hug
red

hugs to both of you!

ds is super cranky, I have to do alot of holding and nursing,

op at 4 or 5 months my babies sleep changes, I think b/c its a growth spurt and teething. also when you add solids there is a lot more chances to get constipated, so your baby needs extra liquid or juice.

take him to a babysitter after you fed him, he should be able to last for an hour or two. if she plays with him and keeps him busy he can learn how to eat less often and go longer between feedings.

I co slept with my baby it was the only way to get sleep when he wanted to eat every hour in the night.

you can try gradual sleep training. teach him how to calm himself down to go to sleep. patting his back or rubbing it can help him soothe himself back to sleep. also its good to try to keep track how often and when he wants to eat at night. is it a long nursing time or its only 1 minute and he goes back to sleep?

try to cut out the shorter nursing periods my making then shorter and spacing the time in between. you can also try rousing him b/f he usually wakes up and then pat him back to sleep if you do this a few days in a row this can break his habit.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 12:32 pm
op here
im so tired I cant function
im still in my pjs
he takes half hour naps
and im starting to be mad at him.....een though hes a little baby and logicaly this doesnt make sense.

speciwoman

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 1:05 pm
"Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" was recommended to me last week by someone on this site, and it has changed my life already. Get it and read it. Fast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics