Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Salad dressing left out over night

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 5:29 am
this was a home made salad dressing with mayonnaise. I saw this morning that it got left on the table all night. do you think that I should spill it out? or that its ok. there is only spices, water and a little bit of sugar in it besides for the mayo.

ShiningThrough

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 5:36 am
I'd be wary because the mayo is perishable. If it was a vinegar or lemon based dressing it would likely be okay.
Was your home heated in the night?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 5:40 am
ShiningThrough wrote:
I'd be wary because the mayo is perishable. If it was a vinegar or lemon based dressing it would likely be okay.
Was your home heated in the night?
actually no, the heat was not on at night at all.

Plonis

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 5:43 am
I would smell it or taste it, if it smells ok I'd use it for my family, because I know were B"H not very sensitive. I wouldn't use it for guests because they might be more sensitive.

freshie

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:46 am
When I have leftover dressing I save it in a container in the refrigerator. Sometimes for over a week Rolling Eyes . Is that an issue Confused ? It looks and smells OK usually just spices and vinegar or ketchup. I have one now that I"M considering to throw out as its been for a while but it looks OK and it's so much easier next time I make that salad I'll dump it in without all the measuring... Very Happy !

key

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:48 am
I would say throw it out! if dressings are sitting in the fridge its a different story

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:52 am
freshie wrote:
When I have leftover dressing I save it in a container in the refrigerator. Sometimes for over a week Rolling Eyes . Is that an issue Confused ? It looks and smells OK usually just spices and vinegar or ketchup. I have one now that I"M considering to throw out as its been for a while but it looks OK and it's so much easier next time I make that salad I'll dump it in without all the measuring... Very Happy !
if its in the fridge there is no problem, I had left it out overnight and was not sure if it should be eaten or not.
sure, ive left home made salad dressings in the fridge for weeks sometimes.

freshie

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:10 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
freshie wrote:
if its in the fridge there is no problem, I had left it out overnight and was not sure if it should be eaten or not.

Is there no way it can go bad or moldy? I am starting to get worried as this is a new idea of mine. the problem is that the dressing I saved I haven't made that salad yet again and it's been a few weeks already Sad . I feel guilty serving it as it may really be bad. But if you all say you have BTDT and everything is OK then I'll feel fine.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:13 am
freshie wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
freshie wrote:

Is there no way it can go bad or moldy? I am starting to get worried as this is a new idea of mine. the problem is that the dressing I saved I haven't made that salad yet again and it's been a few weeks already Sad . I feel guilty serving it as it may really be bad. But if you all say you have BTDT and everything is OK then I'll feel fine.
smell it, if it smells off then dont serve it, but things can survive in the fridge for quite a while.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:25 am
If it's with mayonaise and it sat out for over 3 hours, I'd throw it out, unless your apartment was as cold as a refrigerator.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 4:35 pm
even if the apt is cool, I'd toss it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics