Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
How to keep matzo balls warm before Shabbat??
Previous  1  2

sys

Post Fri, Sep 25 2009, 12:31 pm
I keep mine in the soup. but I know some pple in my family that dont have place in the pot to keep them in (big soup) so they keep it in a separate pot on the blech with some water in the pot (or a little bit of soup) same great taste

anonymom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 12:21 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
crbak wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor - they don't get soggy in the soup?

I undercook them, so the insides are not 100% done and freeze them in individual ziplock portions. Then, before Shabbos I will put the frozen matzo balls into the pot, and pour the hot soup OVER it. Bring the soup to a boil (important) and then put on the blech/whatever you use for your food. it's not soggy, it's amazing and fluffy and very hot.

Wow!! I tried this. On erev shabbos I froze some half done matzo balls. On erev yom kippur, I plopped some in the soup-I even forgot to make sure the soup was boiling- and they came out amazing. Perfect. Just like you said, they fluffed up in the soup.

I am so happy
Now I can make matzo balls in advance. And make one batch which is enough for 3 weeks usually when the boys are in yeshiva. I used to only make when we had a full house and feel bad for my kids who are home-why should they miss out? It also solved another problem I had. Whenever I would reheat knaidlach, the air holes in them would fill up with this yucky wierd starchy stuff. So I could only make them at the last minute and only when cooking for a lot of people. I usually end up eating too many because the extra would go to waist. (Pun intended.) I am usually not a last minute person. Now all these problems are gone. You made my day. thanks.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 8:45 am
LOL you're funny. Glad to help!

anonymom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 6:06 pm
I just made a big batch. Now I'm set for kneidlach for the first and last days. One less thing to do and one less pot to clean at the last minute. Thanks again.

sky

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 6:39 pm
anonymom wrote:
I just made a big batch. Now I'm set for kneidlach for the first and last days. One less thing to do and one less pot to clean at the last minute. Thanks again.

Try freezing them on a cookie sheet and then throwing them together in a zip lock bag when done. This way they stay nice and seperate and are even easier to just throw in the pot.

Blair

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 7:30 pm
Put them in a plastic bag and put them on top of the cover of your soup pot. They get nice and warm that way and the soup will not get cloudy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics