Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Pareve quiche recipe anyone?

pinktichel

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 6:12 am
Looking for something that is pareve that can be made in frozen pie crusts. Not sweet potato pie. Preferably easy without any exotic ingredients that need a kosher store.

drumjj

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 6:50 am
brocolli kugel?

livinginisrael

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 7:12 am
you can saute onions then add mushrooms then mix with 3 -4 eggs and spices and pour into pie crust

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 8:03 am
follow a regular quiche recipe eg garden veg quiche from the spice and spirit, but use soymilk and omit the cheese.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 9:43 am
We've made such a thing, a few times, and it's really not that great, Pinky, for all the work that's involved. Are you sure you wouldn't rather serve someting else ?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 1:21 pm
Mushroom Onion Quiche
16 oz. sliced, canned mushrooms
2 large sweet onions, diced
1 stick margarine
mushroom soup mix (optional)
garlic powder
pepper
3 eggs
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons corn starch or potato starch
2 tablespoons onion soup mix
optional: ready-made pie crust

Saute onion in margarine until softened. Add mushrooms, and brown. Add seasonings. Cook, stirring, over medium flame for 1 minute.
In separate bowl, mix eggs, mayonnaise, potato starch and onion soup mix. Add mushroom/onion mixture and mix well. Pour into small round casserole or ready-made pie crust and bake at 350-degrees for ½ hour to 45 minutes.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 1:28 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Mushroom Onion Quiche
1 stick margarine
garlic powder
pepper
3 eggs
½ cup mayonnaise

Saute onion in margarine until softened. Add mushrooms, and brown. Add seasonings. Cook, stirring, over medium flame for 1 minute.
In separate bowl, mix eggs, mayonnaise, potato starch and onion soup mix. Add mushroom/onion mixture and mix well. Pour into small round casserole or ready-made pie crust and bake at 350-degrees for ½ hour to 45 minutes.

This is enough for a deep pie crust or two quiches. I make a very similar recipe except I omit the margarine, just sautee onion and mushroom in a little oil (and basically halve everything except the mayo), I also omit the starch and add fresh garlic.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 1:36 pm
Fabulous wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Mushroom Onion Quiche
1 stick margarine
garlic powder
pepper
3 eggs
½ cup mayonnaise

This is enough for a deep pie crust or two quiches. I make a very similar recipe except I omit the margarine, just sautee onion and mushroom in a little oil (and basically halve everything except the mayo), I also omit the starch and add fresh garlic.

Yes, you're correct it's enough for 2 regular or one deep crust. I neglected to add too that the margarine can be cut out, replaced with some oil or dramatically reduced as you state.

cherry

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 4:18 pm
What about a zucchini pie?
slice 4 zucchinis (thin rounds, keep the skin)
slice 1 onion the same way
add 1/4 c oil, 3 eggs , salt and pepper to taste
It comes out really good.

pinktichel

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 4:20 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Mushroom Onion Quiche
1 stick margarine
garlic powder
pepper
3 eggs
½ cup mayonnaise

That sounds like something my husband would love! I'll either make it this week or save it for another time. I will let you know how it comes out when I do. Thanks!

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 4:27 pm
Do you have Quick & Kosher?

There's a recipe for a parve quiche (I think it was broccoli & mushroom?) that's good.

bnm

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 4:36 pm
I have a good vegetable quiche recipe

its from the bobov cookbook.

pinktichel

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 4:47 pm
pinktichel wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Mushroom Onion Quiche
1 stick margarine
garlic powder
pepper
3 eggs
½ cup mayonnaise

That sounds like something my husband would love! I'll either make it this week or save it for another time. I will let you know how it comes out when I do. Thanks!

That was one unbelievable pareve quiche!!! Everyone loved it. Thank you so much!

kesher

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 5:01 pm
How much mushroom soup mix?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:18 am
pinktichel wrote:
That was one unbelievable pareve quiche!!! Everyone loved it. Thank you so much!

My pleasure!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:19 am
kesher wrote:
How much mushroom soup mix?

I don't usually use any, but if you did, I'd keep it to a teaspoon or two.

kesher

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 6:32 pm
Thanks for the reply.

curlytop

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 3:53 pm
I make something like this in small pie crusts, like individual size. Who thinks this can freeze well?? Maybe I will actually use a recipe this time lol

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 3:55 pm
curlytop wrote:
I make something like this in small pie crusts, like individual size. Who thinks this can freeze well?? Maybe I will actually use a recipe this time lol

If you're referring to the Mushroom-Onion Quiche that I posted, it freezes beautifully.

curlytop

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 4:00 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
curlytop wrote:

If you're referring to the Mushroom-Onion Quiche that I posted, it freezes beautifully.

Yup thanks Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes